Sunday, April 5, 2015

Are you ready for the challenge? Am I?

I haven't visited or posted for way too long... But I happened by this post in my gmail promo folder and it made me feel like I should get out of my den of isolation. I've been trying to read more books but haven't given much thought in who I've been choosing. Mostly ones getting the most promotional attention by the kobo/Chapters/Indigio/Amazon marketing team.

Take a read of this and come on back to see if you are on the same page...

Book Riot: Support Rad Lady Authors

So, now you see why I broke my silence?  I like that there wasn't a lot of finger pointing.  Just some thoughts on how we could be more thoughtful in how we choose our next read.  Try to dedicate a month to female authors, or even dig deeper by picking female authors or colour, minority groups, etc.  I really should try that challenge, might be telling. Also, get the word out. Review, blog, book club them, etc.  My book club rarely meets but I can blog.

So let's try to revive my blog.  If you visit and want to post a review of an awesome book, please send it my way. Or have a link to a review you've posted elsewhere, send those too. And I'll try to post more reviews.

No comments: