Sunday, April 19, 2015

The Oakdale Dinner Club by Kim Moritsugu

I'm so excited to be the first half of the day before I get a follow back on my way home and watch movies with my life and the other hand is the only thing that would have to go back and I don't think that I have a great way of the day before I get a follow back.....

Sorry, I was just wondering what text the iPad would produce if I choose the middle option guesstimate. Looks like computers won't be writing books for us just yet. But if you broke it up in just the right spots, it might make intriguing poetry. Not that this has anything to do with this week's book.


Or maybe it does. One of the characters has a little bit of writers block and when you are staring at a blank blog post, not knowing where to start, a little inspiration is more than welcome. 

As for The Oakdale Dinner Club, it was a fun book. Sort of a what people feel about marriage after 20 years in. The main character, Mary Ann, the creator of the club, discovered that her husband had an affair with a co-worker and decides she wants to have one too. She decides the club would be a good way to ease herself into the dating pool and to vet possible fling options. 

That leads us into a whole cast of characters that make-up the club.  Like Alice, a single mom, who is not the marrying kind but it has been 4 years since she's hooked-up and perhaps it's time to make a connection. Or Sam, a stay-at-home dad who is trying to write his first novel and in a marriage that is not doing all that well. Like I said, this book is fun and airy and if you're not looking for deep angst, this is the book for you.

It is never too late to figure out who you are and if unhappy, make a change. I know I can relate some days.

Some other reviews of The Oakdale Dinner Club:
National Post
CBC
Sukasa Reads

No comments: